Friday, August 19, 2011

The Unseen

I leaned against the concrete wall of the parking deck. I pulled the black fleece, my boyfriend had lent me to stay warm, snug around me as a cool breeze whisked by. Then, we saw it! It peaked up above the ground, bringing with it, oranges, pinks and yellows. Oh the treasure of seeing a sunrise!

Then we thought about how many people were still asleep on this Saturday morning. They were in bed and snuggled up while God put on a beautiful performance. The funny thing is, in many ways, we are very unaware of what God is doing. We forget that every moment has more miracles than our minds could comprehend and our eyes can see.

I complain so quickly. I understand so little. That is the problem, I understand so little and I trust so little! Even if I never understand the "why",can I still trust the God who makes the sun appear everyday? Can I trust the God who made the sun? Who made the earth? Who made...me? Can I trust that even though tears, struggle and confusion will be a part of my finite understanding, one day there will be no more tears? Can I trust the God who is in control of the ancient time and the things to come (Isaiah 46:10)?

Oh I pray I never let my small world view drown out that God is God and in control - all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment